Wearing the Chrysalis Cardi as a vest is both fun and practical for summer - and it's an easy look to recreate!
Click the video below to see how to create this look with your own Cardi. (Tip: Start by making the Cocoon Cardi but lift the sleeves up around your neck).
The How To Instructions:
- Undo all snaps on the Chrysalis Cardi and open like a big loop.
- Drape top edge of the loop (with 4 snaps preferably but also works other way) over back of a chair or on a flat surface. Seam shoulder be in center.
- Take the male snap from the inside bottom of the loop (outside loop snap should be female)
- Attach the male snap to the female snap at the top of the seam near the neck.
- Drape over back. Reach up and under arm holes on both sides to pull arms through.
- Instead of draping like the Cocoon Cardi, pull the extra back fabric up around your neck and adjust as vest.
The perfect light layer for chilly air conditioned rooms, and some extra style points for daily wear.
We're obsessed with distressed denim here at Encircled and the Cardi as a vest is the perfect complimenting piece for a casual and cozy vibe. Add your favourite worn in flannel and a piping mug of coffee, and you're set for some campfire vibes!
Mornings at the market can be chilly - even in summer. A vest can ward off chills and add some extra interest to a casual morning look. We like to bring a reusable shopping tote with us when we're out - great to throw some fresh veggies in (and your Cardi if the day heats up!)
GIRL'S NIGHT OUT
We're all about comfort and easy style at Encircled. A simple t-shirt dress + vest combo is just that. Add a bold lip and heels if you want to kick it up a notch!
What are you waiting for? Grab your Cardi and make a vest of your own! Got a favourite look? Let us know in the comments below.